I am so happy to see the end of this week. It's the end of training for our new system at work and I am looking forward to October! Bring on the cooler air and Halloween. I'm pleased to say I haven't bought one bag of Halloween candy (chocolate, of course) and when craving candy corn, I only bought a small bag at the grocery. No where near the size of the regular Brach's bag.
Five Things on my mind today:
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Mate--it's not overly strong. I currently have the International Delight version and it's a little stronger. I think for a pumpkin spice, less is more.
- I'm excited about Halloween and all the ghouls and goblins and lots of sweet treats.
- The leaves are changing and I'm thinking about heading up to the mountains. It's always a treat to go up to the high country around Grandfather Mountain in the cool crisp air.
- Sleeping with the windows open. I love sleeping piled under the quilts while the air is cool outside. The sound of the crickets all night chirping a sweet lullaby. It surely is a wonderful time of year!
- The weekend! It's what I've been working for this week. So glad to see it clear in the daylight.
Five Things I'm Thankful for today:
- New opportunities. They are around every turn. Open your eyes or you might miss them!
- Changes. It's what fall is all about. The great outdoors begins is annual shut-down. The leaves start changing and falling in preparation for a period of rest. Changes are exciting and bring about new and wonderful things.
- Fitness. I am so glad to get my fitness back. I feel strong today. I was even inspired to order my new running shoes. I'm feeling good!
- My parents. Some times I take them for granted. I love that I live near them and can visit whenever I want. I just don't get over there as much as I want.
- Rest. I love catching up on my sleep and I am so excited about getting some good sleep this weekend.
Favorite Quotes of the Week:
Happy Friday, y'all!