Google+

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday Social: Holiday Traditions

Oh what a beautiful morning!  After a very rainy Saturday, the sun is shining in all of it's glory.  Such a great sight to see today.   I'm off to Costco, then a little Christmas shopping.   I've got plans to meet up with our friends to watch the Panther's - Jet's game this afternoon.  Let's go Panthers!!

Let's get on with why I'm really here today....to link up with the lovely ladies for Sunday Social.

Sunday Social
1. What is your favorite Holiday Movies/TV Specials?
I never miss White Christmas.  I watch it over and over and over again.  I love it.  I have it on DVD and I watch it every single time it comes on AMC or TCM during the holidays.

2. Do you do any volunteering during the holidays if so what? If not what would you do?
I usually adopt a child who wouldn't have a Christmas otherwise.  
I also collect food for our local Open Door Ministry.  I like to do this throughout the year, though.  While some people do their giving at Christmas, the pantry tends to get low right after school lets out for the summer.  It's when the food is needed most.

3. What is your favorite toy received as a child for the holidays?
This wasn't really a toy, but I remember when I got my own phone and phone line for Christmas.  You know, back in the day before cell phones.  It was probably a gift for me and my parents.

4. What was your must have item in high school for the holidays? 
My gosh, that was so long ago, I have no idea what the answer would be.  Today, I'm all about finding the Peppermint Chapstick!

5. What do you do on Christmas Eve?
Christmas Eve is dinner with my family.  We have tenderloin, twice baked potatoes, green pea salad, and dessert.  It's been the same meal for as long as I can remember.  The only change now is that we do it at my sister's house instead of my parent's house.  My mom usually works on Christmas Eve, so it's easier if we all chip in and have it at my sister's house.  Before we were all married, but still adults, and there were grandchildren, we'd pile in the suburban with my dad's mom and drive around to "see the lights."  Leading up to Christmas, we all took notes of where some of the best lights could be found and we'd plan our night out.  Our traditions may be altered slightly, but we still have a great night with family.  Since all the kids are under 5, we cut it short and get them to bed.  The morning comes VERY early for those kids.

Happy Sunday, y'all!
xoxo,
Laurie

3 comments:

Daisy L said...

Yup, getting a personal phone was a huge deal for me too! I got one with a glittery handset. :)

Blush and Barbells said...

Good point about food banks and pantries running low when schools are on holiday. Thanks for the reminder - we all probably think about it for Christmas but forget it during the year.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Pea salad, do share the recipe please!

I remember getting my own phone line and phone too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Daisy Knows Best!

Daisy Knows Best!