Google+

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Weekend Round-Up: NYE

Again...I'm a day late with my weekend round-up. I have a great reason, though.  I woke up yesterday with the dreaded stomach bug.  At first, I thought that perhaps I had enjoyed a little too much wine the night before.  I'm not a big wine drinker and so I really wasn't sure what was going on; however, I quickly realized that no kind of hangover would give someone so much intestinal distress.  And I do mean DISTRESS!!  I am feeling SO much better today.  I'm still a little weak, but that will improve.  I'm just glad to be up and moving around, showered, dressed, etc.  I feel like a new person today.

Thank goodness it didn't interfere with my weekend at the beach!  My BFF and I left out the day after Christmas heading to Oak Island for some rest.  And boy did we rest. Rest, eat, rest, repeat.  It was a much needed trip and the weather was wonderful.  Of course, no one cares what the weather is like at the beach because you are at the beach.




We had a fabulous time.  I feel refreshed and relaxed.  I think I'll be ready when go back to work on Thursday.  Since I was out of town until Sunday, I didn't get a chance to link up for Sunday Social so I thought I'd go ahead and share here--especially since they are about New Years!

1. What is the best New Years Eve you've ever had?
I've never had a fabulous NYE.  Frankly, I'm usually sick.  The last couple of years, I've gone out to eat Sushi and then home to be as usual.  NYE is nothing special in my book.

2. Are you doing anything for NYE this year and if so what?
Nothing.  I have no plans and the thought of staying in tonight is quite satisfying.

3. Name a book we should all read come January?
The Four Agreements.  I've had this book on my shelf forever and I just read it on my trip to the coast.  Now, I just need to put these agreements into motion.

4. What are your new year's resolutions? 
I don't think resolutions really work, but I always strive to be a better person than I was last year.  I have some personal goals such as keeping on track with my healthier lifestyle.  I want to get back into painting.  I haven't painted in a year.  I can't decide if I want to dabble in oils or watercolors.  Either way, I need to create.

Happy New Year's Eve, y'all!
xoxo,
Laurie

2 comments:

Laura H said...

I never do anything for NYE either. It'll come whether I am awake or asleep. And like you, I don't do resolutions. Instead I chose a word to focus for the year. As always, I am jealous of your beach time. Have an awesome 2014!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I was so jealous of your beach pics, it looked amazing. I love the beach at any time of year, in any weather.

I said to MFD just the other day, "I need to see the ocean." Like now.

Happy New Year! Hope you feel better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Daisy Knows Best!

Daisy Knows Best!