Google+

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Weekend Round-Up

Just a day late, but better late than never. I feel like my weekend was a whirlwind.  I was constantly on the go.  I am ready for Christmas and having 10 days off in a row.  I'll only miss a few days of work, but the time off will be heavenly!

Friday night, I visited with my parents and sister for a little bit before heading out to meet a friend for dinner.   I was home early--by 9--because I had to be up at the crack of the crack for our annual employee sale.  
Saturday morning, I was on the road at 6:30 heading to work.  It was just a crazy as it sounds....at least getting in the door.  I walked away with several RL Golf items, including a fabulous, hot pink, polo dress.  Each sale is totally random and you never know what you'll find, but I felt like it was a good sale and I didn't spend too much money.
I also love the sale because I get to see a bunch of friends that I used to work with when I was working at RL.com.  It's just as much socializing for me.  
I headed from there to Fit Club and then to the gym for cardio.  At that point, you would think that I would have taken a nap.  I did think about it, but I was starving and our friends were having their annual Christmas jewelry show.  
I picked out a a new strand of pearls I think I'll give myself for my birthday.  I also took my grey pearls to be restrung.  I finally broke them after too much daily wear--all the reason I need another strand, right?  My faux pearls are working in a pinch, but its just not the same.  After the show, we headed to Blue Rock for gluten-free pizza, salad, and beevos.  A perfect way to spend a rainy day lunch!
Saturday afternoon, I finally got some sofa time in my pjs.  Unfortunately, that ruined my plans for that night.  I was happy staying right there in my warm pjs, fire in the fireplace, and Will and Grace and We.  

Sunday morning, my parents picked me up for our Christmas trip to Costco.  That is always an adventure.  We were on a mission with lists in hand.  Probably the quickest trip to date.  It wasn't too crowded either.  Mom and I dropped dad off afterward and headed to Target where I completed my Christmas shopping.  Also checked off a birthday gift for my nephew.  Can't believe he's one this week.
The afternoon was spent helping mom get her tree decorated.

The original elf on the shelf with his creepy hand-painted face!
Our own grape loving elf.
Mom still hangs all of our stockings just like when we were kids.  The best thing about that is that Santa still stops by to fill them up!
Sunday afternoon, the Panthers played the Jets at 4.  What a win for the Panthers!  We were happy and hope they can pull of the win against the Saints.  We definitely want the Panthers to have a home field advantage.

After all of that, I didn't get enough laundry done nor did I get my house cleaned.  I am not decorated for the holiday this year either.  I finally pulled a small tree out so it's not completely non-holiday around here.  I spent Monday evening running the vacuum and completing the laundry.  I don't feel too far behind, now.  

Happy Tuesday, y'all!
xoxo,
Laurie

2 comments:

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Excellent scores at RL and the jewelry show!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

10 days off sounds glorious! My old company used to do that, my new one doesn't :(

Sounds like a busy but very fun weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Daisy Knows Best!

Daisy Knows Best!