Google+

Friday, January 3, 2014

Friday Five: First Edition 2014

There are few things better than a two-day work week. Not to mention that most people are still on vacation and it was quiet.  This was perfect for me to get completely caught up on my emails.  This makes for a regular Friday for me and I am SO happy!

It's time for the Friday Five!
  
Five things on my mind today:
1.  Cold:  This cold front that pushed through last night didn't leave my area of the world with any snow; however, the gusty wind woke me around 3 a.m. I'm trying to decide what to wear today.  It will either be chilly in the building or too warm.  I'm always nervous about wearing wool, but it's 20 degrees right now and wool may be my best bet.

2.  Illness: I started this week off with the dreaded stomach bug. Yesterday was the first time I felt okay.  My nieces and nephews have been sick beginning Christmas.  Everyone is on the mend, but my little buddy is really sick and any prayers tossed up his way are welcome.

3.  Resolutions: Do you make resolutions?  I don't like them.  They always seem like something to be broken.  I do much better with goals.  I make goals and work to meet them.  Have you thought about your goals for 2014?  I have just a few, but I haven't put any on paper yet.  

4.  My Fitness:  I am so happy to be back to Fit Club.  I was out of town after Christmas and then sick, so I missed three classes.  I have to say I was amazed at how out of shape I felt.   It only motivated me more, though.

5.  Spring:  I'm ready....bring it.  I started a book the other day and the opening was describing a warm spring day with weeping cherry trees swaying in the breeze.  That was all it took to make me long for spring.

Five Things I am grateful for today:
1.  Family:  We are lucky to live so close to each other and to help each other out when needed.  I don't know what I would do with out them!

2.  Framily:  I was able to spend a little time with my framily, the McClellans, over the holidays, and honestly--they fed me dinner last night.  It's hard to beat a family that has an open door policy.  Paige even came to my rescue on Monday by bringing me a giant coke and sweet tea (2 drinks, y'all) when I was sick.  

3.  Fit Club Friends:  Thank the Lord for Fit Club!

4.  My journal:  I have really spent more time journaling over the holidays.  I feel like I have so much to release and even use it to problem solve.  If you don't journal, I highly recommend it!

5.  Health:  I am grateful to be healthy and fit.  I am glad that I can exercise like I want and to rest when I need it.

Thoughts of the Week:
Happy Friday, y'all!
xoxo,
Laurie

4 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Good words for a Friday! Happy weekend!

{flip flops, pearls and wine} said...

ugh, I am with you sista on the cold weather…..mercy me. I am in Ala and this is just not right!!
xo

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I am desperately trying to stave off the chest cold that's threatening to move in on me. I hope I can keep it at bay! I want to sleep a good long sleep tonight to see if I can knock it out.

Sundresses and Smiles said...

Love the term "framily"-- we use it too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Daisy Knows Best!

Daisy Knows Best!