Google+

Monday, January 20, 2014

Weekend Round-Up: Another Holiday Weekend

Good morning!  Today promises to be a beautiful day here in NC.  It's going to warm up just a bit and I hope it will be a day full of sunshine.  Apparently, we shouldn't get too used to the warmer weather, though.  The forecast for tomorrow is for snow.  Yep....SNOW.  We did have a thunderstorm here last Sunday.  If you know anything about Southern wives tales, you know that we're due for snow when we have a thunderstorm in the dead of winter.  I only want snow if it sticks for just the day.  Otherwise, I am ready for spring!  All in all, today is a great day to celebrate the life of a Martin Luther King, Jr.

My weekend has been very low-key.  I took Friday off so I'd have a nice, long, four-day weekend.  It never hurts to have an extra day off, right?  I loved having Friday off.  If I could, I would work four, 10-hour days a week.  I was able to get in an extra work-out with my trainer on Friday afternoon.  I have to say, I would love having Friday afternoons off to get in that weekly workout.  It was not my typical cardio boxing class workout either.  I felt like I really got a great workout...especially on the TRX.  

Friday night, I had a dinner date with one of my oldest friends and her two boys.  We had a great time laughing, catching up, and eating the yummy food at Blue Rock Pizza and Tap.  One of our good friends from Savannah was in town to entertain us.  The two (and sometimes three) man band, American Hologram, was set to play from 8 until 11.  It was great seeing Eric and surprising him by staying out until 11 p.m.  Everyone was surprised.  I'm an early to bed kind of girl and I was exhausted when I finally got home.  It's taken me the rest of the weekend to compensate for that time.  I've also gotten my internal clock off a bit.  I'll get it back on track this week.
If you ever get the chance to see these guys, do it.  They are a great duo.  They'll be in Charlotte in the spring and I have plans to be there, too.

Saturday, I met friends at the local bar to watch the end of the Carolina game and the NCSU/Duke game.  Not a pretty game for State, but it was fun to get together with friends.  I was so tired Saturday afternoon, that my nap turned into me just going to bed for the night. It's tough getting old.  ha!

I tuned into the Golf Channel most of Sunday.  I am not sure why I love watching golf so much, but I really enjoy it.  The football didn't begin until late in the day, and honestly, I'd rather watch golf.  I had no interest in the Denver game and when I did turn on the Seattle game, the first play was terrible.  I turned the game off and just checked in sporadically through the entire game.  Seattle came out on top and I'm ready to see Russell get his first Superbowl win!

Today, I plan on doing a little housework, getting some things organized and cleaned out, as well as running a few errands.  The perfect end to a wonderful weekend.

How was your weekend?
Happy Monday, y'all!
xoxo,
Laurie

2 comments:

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I would absolutely work four 10s a week. In a heartbeat!

Enjoy your day off today!

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

my husband was so sad that the pats lost. he came home all sad and dejected.

and our temps are dropping so tomorrow, it'll be -30C. balls.

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Daisy Knows Best!

Daisy Knows Best!